Here are some of the highlights from the February 2017 release. For the complete list, see:
Let's take a short tour of some of the more "tangible" UX improvements including the new Test Connection button and various Process Library enhancements.
Test Connection Button
The ability to quickly verify a connection component is configured correctly without having to execute the entire process can be a huge benefit. Starting with the Database connector, there's now a "Test Connection" button that fires off a connectivity test to verify your settings right within the connection component--no Test Mode required! (Community idea!)
In this release the Test Connection button has been added to the following connectors:
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Because each connector's notion of a "test" call can vary depending on the target API or protocol, support for other connectors will be rolled out over time. Also note the Test Connection button is only available in the connection component itself; it is not available in Test Mode Extensions or Environment Extensions dialog at this time.
This release brings a handful of continued quality-of-life improvements to the Process Library. Check out the video above to see these in action.
- Share by URL - Listings can now be shared by URL. Email or Slack a friend, or maybe link right from a knowledge article or support case.
- Sort By filter - Find listings sorted Alphabetically, Recently Published (or modified), or by Most Popular (i.e. most installed).
- View Components - See what components are contained within a given listing (does it contain 10 components or 100?)
- Installation validation - Quickly confirm your account has access to the connectors referenced by a given listing.
New Boomi Process Library Listings
- Amazon SQS Examples
- MDM API Examples (see announcement below under MDM)
Atom Management: Read Only Access
Atom Management gets a long-awaited improvement to "Look but don't touch". A new read-only privilege allows certain users to have view-only access to the various Atom Management screens. Some users may need to be able to review settings and values such as Atom Properties, Listener Status, and Release Control versions as part of normal process troubleshooting but they shouldn't be able to accidentally--or otherwise--change anything. (Community idea!)
There's a new privilege called "Atom Management Read Access" that works similar to the "Build Read Access" privilege. If you want to give a user read only access, create or modify a custom role and grant the "Atom Management Read Access" privilege. Be sure to NOT grant the "Atom Management" privilege.
A few considerations:
- Requires the Advanced User Security feature for your account (i.e. custom roles).
- Only a subset of the Atom Management screens are available for read-only access in this release. Look for read-only access to the other Atom Management screens such as Deployed Processes and Shared Web Server coming soon.
- This privilege is only enforced via the AtomSphere UI. It is not currently enforced by the related platform APIs.
More details here.
Integration Packs: Now with API Components!
Partners and integration pack developers can now include API components in their integration packs to deliver service-enabled prepacked solutions with greater control over endpoint definition including RESTful and OData. These services are deployed, distributed, and maintained centrally just like processes in integration packs.
Master Data Management
The historical reporting capabilities in MDM keep getting better and better. With this release you can now slice your historical golden record and quarantine reports by tag or quarantine cause to get greater insight into data quality trends. For example, have duplicates decreased over time? How many records required approval?
Quarantine Resolution APIs
New APIs for specific quarantine actions allow you to steward your data from afar. If you have existing tools or applications in which data stewards typically work, you can develop those apps to not only report on quarantine records but also now take action to resolve them. Current actions include Delete Entry and Ignore Potential Duplicate.
Getting Started Guide for MDM APIs
Lastly, we've published a whole set of MDM example processes for synchronizing and administering data including a step-by-step tutorial guide. Get started here: The specified item was not found.