Here are some of the highlights from the March 2017 release. For the complete list, see:
Within the AtomSphere platform, there are a couple of new features to improve the installation and management of Atoms.
Atom Token-Based Installer
The local Atom installer has been updated to accept an temporary, system-generated token as a means to associate the Atom with your given AtomSphere account instead of using your AtomSphere user name and password. This improves both convenience and security because you can give the installer executable and temporary token to another party--say a separate operations/infrastructure management team--without having to share your AtomSphere credentials or create another user for this purpose.
This is also great for partners who need to have their customers install local Atoms or wish to further automate integration pack installations.
Remember the installer asks for your AtomSphere user name and password only to know to which account to associate the Atom. This is a one-time challenge. The Atom does NOT use your user credentials for ongoing authentication with the platform.
A few notes about the tokens:
- They can be configured to expire after 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- They are one-time use: once used in an installation or expire, the token is invalid.
- The token can be generated via the AtomSphere API as well (Installer Token object)
To create a token, create a new Atom (or Molecule or Atom Cloud), expand the Security Options, select a Token Valid for time, and click Generate Token. Copy the newly created token.
Download and run the installer. On the User Information screen choose Token and paste the token value.
Atom Restart Action
A new action on the Atom Management > Atom Information screen allows you to manually initiate a restart of the runtime. Previously this was only an option when saving Atom Properties. The separation allows you to perform the restart at a later time if desired.
As a refresher on how restarts--including rolling restarts for clusters--work, see Understanding Atom Runtime Pausing During Restarts and Updates.
Trading Partner Management
This release brings a number of BIG enhancements to managing trading partner/B2B/EDI integrations. These features were previously in limited Tech Preview but are now generally available to all accounts with the Trading Partner management functionality.
The new functionality is aimed primarily at companies with large EDI implementations who deal with building and managing integrations for 100's and 1000's of trading partners. Our objectives were to address challenges around:
- Managing large numbers of trading partners
- One business but many departments
- Endpoint flexibility
- Trading any document types including custom document "standards"
These objectives are addressed with a collection of new and improved features:
- Organization components - Consolidate common information across trading partners associated with the same logical business entity
- Processing Group components - Manage trading partner routing rules outside of a process for deployment independence (similar in concept to the Process Route component)
- Communication Channel component - Share communication configuration to simplify connections to VANs including via AS2 (Community idea!)
- Multiple-Standard Processes - Ability to receive and route different standards within one process
- Custom Document Standards - Define your own document standards and key fields
There are a lot of new components, concepts, and process design considerations so we're publishing a series of deep dives blog posts to explore these new capabilities in more detail.
We're starting first with Organizations: Trading Partner Management Part 1: Organizations
This release brings a pair of brand new cloud-platform connectors.
Microsoft Azure Service Bus
Build decoupled and resilient integrations leveraging Microsoft's Azure Service Bus. This connector lets you get and send messages from Azure Service Bus queues and topics. (Community idea!)
The Listen action is not yet supported. Look for this in an upcoming release.
For more information see:
- March 2017 Release Deep Dive: Microsoft Azure Service Bus Connector (including sample process)
- User Guide: Microsoft Azure Service Bus connector
Google Sheets Connector
The Google Sheets connector uses the new Google REST v4 API to read and write to Google spreadsheets. New integrations should use this connector instead of the existing Google Apps connector to integrate with Google Sheets. (Community idea!)
For more information see:
- March 2017 Release Deep Dive: Google Sheets Connector (including sample process)
- User Guide: Google Sheets connector
Master Data Management
Additional APIs continue to expand the capabilities to manage quarantined records from the comfort of your "other" application without required data stewards to log into Boomi MDM to take action. New APIs for approving records compliment the other quarantine management APIs such as match resolution released last month.
For more information Approve Quarantined Entity.
Conditional Approvals for Inbound Records
Speaking of approvals, sometimes data stewards shouldn't have to approve all incoming new and modified records. Now you can define conditional approval rules so data data stewards can focus on the important tasks.
Rules can be defined for:
- New records
- Updates to any field
- End-dated (deleted) records
Previously this level of control was only available for field-level Updates.
For more information Source attachment and configuration.
Golden Record Tag Refresh
If you modify the record Tag logic on a model, upon deployment the new Tag rules are run to recalculate the tags for all existing golden records. This enhancement is subtle but has important considerations to understand:
- The recalculation logic runs automatically upon model version deployment.
- IMPORTANT: If tags are modified, changes are NOT pushed out to source channels.
- The start and end time stamps are captured in the audit log. It can take a while to run depending on the number of golden records.
For more information Tags overview.