Here are some of the highlights from the June 2017 release. For the full Release Notes, see:
Atom Management: Read Only Access (finished!)
This release completes the work started in February 2017 to provide read-only access to all the configuration panels in Atom Management. The remaining panels that now support read-only access are:
- Deployed Processes
- Environment/Atom Extension Data Maps
- Shared Web Server (all screens)
Platform API: deployComponent
This eagerly awaited API allows you to copy any type of component such as Processes, APIs, Certificates, etc. from one environment to another. This is an important need for customers who want to automate the "promotion" of components between environments as part of a release workflow. Check out Automating Deployments with the AtomSphere API.
This action is available in both the AtomSphere API and AtomSphere Partner API connectors. For technical details on the platform API, see Deploy component operation.
- As part of continued UX, performance improvements have been made for the loading of process "trees" such as the Component Explorer, Deploy tab, and Atom Management Deployed Processes.
- Additional local Atom runtime configuration files such as Java policy, procrunner, procworker, and pref_jre.cfg are available to download via Atom Management > Log Files. These are especially useful to Atom Cloud owners to review configuration without accessing the local server.
This release brings a pair of new connectors as well as enhancements to several popular connectors.
A new connector for the Google Cloud Pub/Sub messaging service is now available, allowing you to get and send messages to its cloud-based topics. (Note that the real-time listen action is not supported at this time.)
For complete details, see Google Pub/Sub connector.
A new connector for the Shopify ecommerce platform API allows you to read and write a variety of order and fulfillment related transactions.
For complete details, see Shopify connector.
Support for Bulk API Queries has been added to provide more efficient extraction of millions of records from Salesforce. Although the underlying Salesforce Bulk API is asynchronous, the connector abstracts this interaction and waits for the entire response before continuing the process in the same fashion as the normal API. Be aware of the Bulk API Limits enforced by Salesforce. (Community Idea!)
For more details on configuring the connector to use Bulk API, see Salesforce operation.
The Workday connector received two important enhancements:
- Return All Pages for query-type calls - With this option enabled, the connector will automatically retrieve all available pages of results before returning the documents to the process. Note you must "opt-in" to this setting for backward compatibility. Also, the resulting documents each contain a full page of results; they are not split by logical record (again for backward compatibility).
- Support for additional services/objects - Including education-related, identity management, and payroll. (Community Idea!)
For more details, see Workday operation.
The OData Client connector now supports OData V4.0 however for read-actions only. Support for write-actions will be available in a near term release. Support for OData V4.0 enables integration with endpoints such as the Microsoft Dynamics 365 suite of applications. (Community Idea!)
OData 4.0 connectivity is considered Tech Preview and is not intended for production use. As always we encourage you to explore the new capabilities and share your feedback.
Master Data Management
The release brings a number of additional governance capabilities for data modelers and stewards:
- Enforce referential integrity of incoming records - If enabled for a given model's reference field, incoming records will be quarantined if the referenced golden record does not yet exist (or linked for that contributing source). In other words, if a parent and child record are sent to MDM and the parent is quarantined for some reason, the child can also be quarantined due to a missing parent reference. This prevents "orphaned" records from being incorporated.
- Note that the quarantined child record is not automatically resubmitted if/when the parent is eventually incorporated successfully.
- To help with resolving record reference issues, data stewards can now edit reference-type values for quarantined records.
- Exclude fields when sending to a source - Data administrators can now selectively control exactly which fields are delivered to a given source. This prevents sending values that are either unnecessary for a particular source or should not be sent due to security requirements. (Community Idea!)
B2B/Trading Partner Management
This release brings several improvements to connecting with and managing your B2B trading partners:
- All new consolidated Trading Partner Management console. This screen allows you to add and edit trading partners and Processing Groups within a single screen. It also comes with a new user privilege so you can grant business users the ability to managed trading partners without granting them full access to AtomSphere to build and modify processes.
- RosettaNet XML profile support - Import RosettaNet XML profiles into your integration process. Note: In this release you will be able to create profiles but not use them within the full Trading Partner framework. However look for this support in a near term release. (Community Idea!)
- Several UX improvements including:
- Searching for document type when importing EDI profile
- Choose Profile standard on Create Component menu
- Improved Document Types table within the Trading Partner component
Take a quick tour of the new capabilities: