Extending JMS Connector Operation

Document created by mike_c_frazier Employee on Dec 6, 2012
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
All JMS Connector parameters need to be extended, including those in the JMS Connector Operation.
How can this be done
The JMS Connector Operation fields (e.g. Destination, Custom Properties) can be extended using Process Properties.

Here are steps to add Process Properties to the process:

1. Add a Set Properties shape before the JMS Connector.
     2. In the Set Properties shape, add a Property, select the Property Type = Process Property and specify the Property Name = JMSDestination.
     Then add a Parameter and specify in the Static Value field a default destination queue name.
     3. In the Set Properties shape, add another Property, select the Property Type = Process Property and specify the Property Name = MY_CUSTOM_JMS_PROPERTY (matching the name in the JMS operation). Then add a Parameter and specify a default custom property value in the Static Value field.
     4. Then Edit the JMS Connector Operation and delete the value from Destination field, leaving it blank. Select Ok. Save the process.

Steps to enable Extensions for the process:

5. Select the Extensions button.
     6. Under Connection Settings, select the JMS connector and check the boxes for the fields that need to be extended. Select Ok.
     7. Under Process Properties, add a new Property and enter JMSDestination for the name.
     8. Under Process Properties, add a new Property and enter MY_CUSTOM_JMS_PROPERTY for the name. (this matches the process prop you added)
     9. Go to Deploy and attach and deploy the process.
     10. Go to Atom Management and select the link for Extensions.
     11. Under Connection settings, uncheck the “Use default” box for the fields and specify the desired values.
     12. Under Process Properties, specify the values for the MY_CUSTOM_JMS_PROPERTY and JMSDestination fields.

Attachments

Outcomes