Error: 8004041d (Unknown error) : This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically. The QuickBooks administrator can grant permission for automatic login through the Integrated Application preferences
This can be caused by not permitting the Atom to connect automatically to the company file during the initial authorization. If the authorization has been configured to allow the Atom to connect automatically, there is a known issue with QuickBooks that requires several triage steps.
First, verify the Atom was authorized to login into your company file automatically. This is configured the first time the Atom tries to connect to your company file and you are presented with the authorize application dialog. To modify it after authorization, open QuickBooks, go to Edit > Preferences > Integration Applications > Company Preferences, select the Boomi Atom application from the list (default name "Boomi QuickBooks Connector") and click the Properties... button. The "Allow this application to login automatically" check box should be checked. If it isn't, check the box, click OK, OK, and try to run your Boomi process again.
Note: If you have created multiple QuickBooks users, the Atom must be configured to connect as the main administrator/admin user to be able to connect automatically.
Second, if you've verified the Atom authorization is configured to login automatically but you still receive the error, the integrated application configuration files may need to be recreated. Some reported activities that have caused this situation include installing a QuickBooks update, upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks, adding QuickBooks users, and adding or removing multiple integrated applications.
To recreate the files:
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file using QuickBooks and close QuickBooks.
- Browse to the directory where your company file (the .QBW file) is located.
- Create a new folder called "backup".
- Select all the files EXCEPT the .QBW file with the same name as the .QBW file (for example: mycompany.qbw.tlg, mycompany.lgb, etc.)
- Move the selected files to the "backup" folder created in step 3.
- Start QuickBooks and switch to Single User Mode (File > Single User Mode) if currently running in Multi-user Mode.
- Remove the Atom from the list of integrated applications (Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences) and return to the QuickBooks home screen.
- Execute the Boomi process to trigger the application authorization dialog. Be sure to select "Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running" and select the admin/administrator user if multiple users are configured.
- Close QuickBooks and execute the Boomi process again to verify the connection.
Note: If you have other non-Boomi integrated applications, you will need to remove and re-authenticate each one.