This article describes how to configure and use the UltiPro connector to get data from UltiPro via the UltiPro Self Service API.
You want to get data from UltiPro using the UltiPro connector.
The UltiPro connector supports two actions:
- Get: Returns a single, specific record
- Query: Returns multiple records based on one or more specified filters
The UltiPro connector uses UltiPro's Self Service REST/OData API which does not support the ability to create, modify, or delete records in UltiPro. As a result, the API and therefore the connector are effectively read-only.
- AtomSphere User Guide: UltiPro connector
- UltiPro Self Service API: Web Services API Resources (note this includes information about their SOAP API which is NOT used by the connector)
- Tech Note: When performing a query operation, UltiPro uses OData v.4 protocol Navigation Properties and System Query Options
- Create and configure an UltiPro service account.
- Configure the UltiPro connection component.
- Configure the UltiPro operation component.
In UltiPro you will need to create a Service Account user that is authorized to call the UltiPro API.
- Log into the UltiPro application.
- Go to System Configuration > Service Account Administration.
- Click "add" to create a Service Account user. Enter a User name, Password, E-mail, and select the Web Service permissions. Click "save" when finished. Note the User Name and Password as they will be used later in the connection configuration.
- Back on the Service Account Administration screen you will see the newly created Service Account. Note the Customer API Key User API Key as they will be used later in the connection configuration.
There is one Customer API Key per Customer. However, you can create multiple Service Accounts with different User API Keys for different external clients such as AtomSphere.
UltiPro Connection Configuration
Back in AtomSphere, add an UltiPro connector shape to the process and create a new connection component.
Configure the connection fields as follows:
- Service Root URL: https://service101.ultipro.com/api/v1/ (do not change)
- Authentication Type: Basic
- Username, Password, User API Key, Customer API Key: Enter the values for the UltiPro Service Account user created above.
UltiPro Operation Configuration
Create a new operation component. In this example we'll use a QUERY action.
- Import an Object type.
- Click Import.
- In the import wizard, choose an Atom for browsing (choose Cloud for convenience), choose the UltiPro connection component created above, optionally specify an object filter, and click Next.
- Choose the Object Type to import and click Next and then Finish.
- After importing, select the Fields you would like to be returned (note all fields will be displayed in the response XML profile component, however only the selected fields will actually be returned):
- Add a Filter (which will be used as a parameter value). You configure multiple filters to create complex, nested query criteria.
- You can optionally choose fields by which the results will be sorted. For example, sort the results by Email in Ascending order.
- You can define some OData query options:
- $skip: Allows you to skip some records and return the remaining records e.g. if set to 25, the first 25 records will skipped and records 26 and higher will be returned.
- $top: Allows you to retrieve on the top records e.g. after specifying that you want to retrieve records 26 and up from the $skip options, if $top is set to 4 you will only receive records 26 to 30 (the top 4 records).
The connection and operation are now configured and ready to use in a process.
List of Supported Objects
The following objects are supported by the Self Service API: