When you are using the MS SQL server with Java 1.8 we get the following error :
ERROR : Unable to browse: Unable to browse connection.; Caused by: Unable to open database connection. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.8 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.; Caused by: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.8 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.
Solution : With java 1.8 we need to have the correct sqljdbc jar file .
- Download the sqljdbc42.jar file from the following link:
Note that the versions supported for Java Runtime Environments (JRE) and the associated JDBC API versions are determined by the included JAR files as follows:
• Sqljdbc41.jar requires a JRE of 7 and supports the JDBC 4.1 API
• Sqljdbc42.jar requires a JRE of 8 and supports the JDBC 4.2 API
So make sure that you are downloading the correct jar files.
2. Place the jar file under <atom_install_dir>\lib folder.
3. Make sure the jar file is not blocked by the server. To confirm that right click on the jar file -> chose properties -> and unblock it (if you see unlock button at the bottom).
4. Also, make sure that there are only 2 jar files for sql driver in the atom_install lib folder: sqlbuilder.jar( which comes with the atom install) and sqljdbc42.jar ( which you just copied ).
5. Restart the atom now.
6.Test your connection.