**Enhanced Test Mode is an optional paid feature for use in Boomi for . To enable Enhanced Test Mode, please reach out to your Dell Boomi Account Manager**
** Some of this guide is taken from the Process testing article located on the User Guide**
The purpose of this document is to cover the setup and use of Enhanced Test Mode, an optional feature offered by Boomi.
Why Would We Need Enhanced Test Mode
Test mode is a feature in Boomi that allows us to execute our processes within the build tab, without the need of deploying a process directly to an atom. The limitation we commonly face in our Test Mode executions are the file count and total file data limits, both being 100 and 10 MB respectively. Because of this, testing in high stress environments will almost always require a deployment in order to bypass this cap. This is where Enhanced Test Mode comes in.
What is Enhanced Test Mode?
Enhanced Test Mode allows us to set our own maximum file and data size for test mode on our Local Atoms / Molecules / Private Clouds. When enabled on your account, you will not be able to immediately exceed the default 100 / 10MB limit imposed. Two com.boomi.container.config.quota additions to the container.properties file will be required, see below:
• For maximum documents by file count (!000 for example) : com.boomi.container.config.quota.TEST_MODE_MAX_DOCS=1000
• For maximum data by byte (100MB for example): com.boomi.container.config.quota.TEST_MODE_MAX_BYTES=100000000
To remove the limitations of both, specify a negative value in place of a positive value like such:
• For unlimited documents: com.boomi.container.config.quota.TEST_MODE_MAX_DOCS=-1000
• For unlimited data: com.boomi.container.config.quota.TEST_MODE_MAX_BYTES=-100000000
An example of what this will look like in your Container.Properties file, located in the Atom / Molecule / Private Cloud's <Working Directory>\conf\container.properties is seen below:
After making a change to your Container.Properties folder, you are expected to restart the atom an allow the settings to take place. From there on, when testing a process, always be sure to select that Enhanced Test Mode configured Atom in order to make use of the new maximums.
• Try to always keep a healthy limit to the doc and byte sizes on all of Enhanced Test Mode configured Local Atoms / Molecules / Private Clouds. Always be aware of which atoms are utilizing heavy I/O loads (disk performance) and Memory loads (RAM performance).