Common Account and User Account Related Issues

Document created by thanh_n88 Employee on Jun 21, 2018Last modified by thanh_n88 Employee on Jul 16, 2018
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

There are a number of common nontechnical support issues like account features and user accounts. Going through support is not always the fastest way for them. Below will list common issues and the best approach to resolution.

How to enable a feature?

Please contact your Dell Boomi account manager or sales representative to enable the feature and/or for more details of cost and information. Common features include: 

• Advanced User Security - to create custom roles and enable the SSO options tab
  • Version Control - for revision history
  • Component Locking - lock components so other non-admin users cannot edit it
  • API Management - more API types (API type can be Advanced) and options, API management, CORS options
  • B2B and EDI - enable Trading Partner, AS2, EDI, and B2B capabilities
  • Any features or components not included in your edition of the platform

How to enable a molecule and/or cloud?

Please contact your Dell Boomi account manager or sales representative for more details of cost and information.

How do I get an atom worker?

Please contact your Dell Boomi account manager or sales representative for more details of cost and information.

How to get more connector licenses?

Please contact your Dell Boomi account manager or sales representative with desired number and type of connector for more details of cost and information.

How to reset my AtomSphere platform password?

It would be best if you reset your password when you are available to receive the email since the password link only lasts for 30 minutes.

1. Go to https://platform.boomi.com/ 
  2. Type in your username, it should be your email address
  3. Click "Help. I forgot my password"
  4. This link is only valid for 30 minutes

I keep resetting my password but I'm not receiving an email

If you are resetting your password for a trial or training account and not receiving any emails, your account is most likely expired, please follow this, What do I do if my master Training Account expired? to restore your account. Once restored you should be able to login again, if not reset your password. 

Why am I seeing a "not enrolled in active account" message when logging in?

You are most likely not part of any account anymore. Your user account was removed, whether by accident or not please contact your Administrator on that account. 

I just made a training account and received the email to login but I cannot login?

The account is most likely still being created. Wait up to 30 minutes. If you are still not able to login, contact support@boomi.com.

My training account is about to expire, how do I extend it? 

If you have a training account, your account ID will include "training" in it. Enroll in any course on the train.boomi.com site to extend your expiration date. You can also complete and enroll in the Boomi Essentials course to extend the expiration date. You will be able to complete and re-enroll in the Boomi Essentials course as many times as you want. You can also follow this, What do I do if my master Training Account expired?

My trial account is about to expire, how do I extend it?

Contact your account manager and let them know how much long you need it. Once they approve, you can cc support (or the account manager can extend it) and support can extend it for longer. 

Can support add a new user to my AtomSphere account?

Dell Boomi Support is unable to add users for security reasons pending other circumstances like your administrator leaving or no one in your company has administrator access, etc. Your administrator will have to add your new user. If your administrator is not available, you can contact Dell Boomi Support and cc your account manager so they can verify your request. 

How to enable the support portal?

Training and trial accounts do not have access to a support portal. Active accounts can open a support case or send a case to support@boomi.com with the email address, first and last name or user, and account ID. Only one email address can be associated with a support portal for an account. If you have a support portal for company A and want a support portal for company B, you will either have to switch your support portal to company B or have a second login (with a different email address) have a support portal for company B.

How do I change my account name displayed at the top right?

1. Hover over your account name at the top right, click "Setup"
  2. Click on the "Account Information" tab
  3. Change your "Account name" to desired display and click save

How many times can a user try to log in unsuccessfully?

A user is allowed 6 consecutive unsuccessful login attempts before their account is locked. After the 3rd unsuccessful attempt they will see a countdown of how many more attempts. The account administrator will receive an email alert indicating the failed attempt and lock out. Once the account is locked, the account will remain locked indefinitely until the user resets their password.

Attachments

Outcomes