AnsweredAssumed Answered

Null Pointer Exception During Profile Import for Custom Connector

Question asked by ryan.biggs046791 on Mar 29, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 by jplater

I am working on implementing browse functionality, specifically, fetching the object Definitions for given objects. When I attempt to import a profile for an operation using the UI, I am able to select the object type I would like to use, however, when it tries to load the object definition it fails with a null pointer exception.

“Failed processing profile: java.lang.NullPointerException”

I am using a local atom to test and have enabled hitting breakpoints. Stepping through my code I have found that the exception is coming from the atom rather than my connector. I have turned on all of the logging I can find for my atom and have not been able to find any mention of the exception in the logs.

My object definitions come from a JSON profile for our application that should conform the the JSON v4 meta-schema. I am looping through all of the roles coming into the browser, so there should not be an issue with a role missing a definition.

I have gone through the documentation on help.boomi.com and have been unable to find anything that helps me resolve this issue.

Attached are screenshots of the error and a copy of the JSON that is being put into the definition. Note: the element name for ObjectDefinition.setElementName is being set to a JSON pointer that references the entire JSON document.

Any help that you can lend is greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Attachments

Outcomes