AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting "JSONDataParser does not support combining records"

Question asked by cbeaudette606890 on Jun 7, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 by Adam Arrowsmith

I'm trying to collate the results of requests to a subprocess and combine them into a "combined" profile. This worked with XML but with JSON I'm getting an error "com.boomi.dataparser.json.JSONDataParser does not support combining records".  The "combined" profile is essentially an unbounded array of the "standalone" profile element.

This is a high-level view of my process (it's failing at the right-most Data Process shape, "Combine GetAccountData Results..."):

So starting on the left, the Data Process shape is getting the results of a Web service call and splitting it into individual components, and then sending those components on to a Sub-Process, then getting the JSON responses from the Sub-Process and combining them back into a single JSON profile (or attempting to).

The "Combine..." Data Process shape config looks like this:

For the Combine Element, I've tried both Root (Root) and Object (Root/Object).

The profiles are as follows:

CIS.GetAccountData.Response (bottom truncated):

CIS.GetAccountData.Response-Combined:

Again, the -Combined profile is essentially an unbounded array of the non-combined profile.

It seems like I should be able to combine them.  Any thoughts on how?  I didn't think I needed to use a Document Cache since the profiles are so similar, essentially a standalone object and an array of those objects, i.e. not combining multiple different Profiles into a new Profile.

Any thoughts on how to combine these?

Outcomes