AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to duplicate a subtree of an XML profile?

Question asked by daniel.schlup601649 on Jul 4, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 by daniel.schlup601649

Hello, I have been trying to duplicate a subtree of an XML profile without success. Basically, what I am trying to do is the following to such an original structure:

<Root>

<NodeA>          --> References type name "NodeA"

<FieldA1/>

<FieldA2/>

<FieldA3/>

<NodeB>

<FieldB1/>

<FieldB2/>

</NodeB>

<NodeC>

<FieldC1/>

<FieldC2/>

</NodeC>

</NodeA>

</Root>

So,  I would like to duplicate <NodeA> with all its fields and subsegments to be able to map it from two different parts of the source structure. I've tried "Insert Sibling Element" (and referencing the same type) which I've assumed would be the correct functionality, as well as inserting a new child element giving the same name and referencing the same type in the hope to achieve the following result:

<Root>

<FieldA1/>

<FieldA2/>

<FieldA3/>

<NodeB>

<FieldB1/>

<FieldB2/>

</NodeB>

<NodeC>

<FieldC1/>

<FieldC2/>

</NodeC>

</NodeA>

<FieldA1/>

<FieldA2/>

<FieldA3/>

<NodeB>

<FieldB1/>

<FieldB2/>

</NodeB>

<NodeC>

<FieldC1/>

<FieldC2/>

</NodeC>

</NodeA>

</Root>

Maybe this is a simple thing, but in all my tries I haven't achieved to have the desired result as the sibling or new element do not have any fields or subtrees even referencing such a (complex) type. Inserting two of the same siblings even the original seems to loose the its fields and subsegments. I haven't found much information on the sibling functionality and maybe my approaches are wrong, or maybe the issue is that I am trying to duplicate a subtree of an imported SAP IDoc XML profile?

I would appreciate if you could give me a hint on how this can be achieved within Boomi (at all?).

Thanks,

Daniel

Outcomes