AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rerun documents "from" sub-process

Question asked by bela.vizer704575 on Jul 18, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 by Srinivas Chandrakanth Vangari

Hi everyone,

I came across Adam Arrowsmith nice article (https://community.boomi.com/docs/DOC-1213) about the benefits of using sub-processes. One thing that drew my attention is section no. 2 (Sequence Process Executions). It says:

• "Technically you only need to deploy the “master” Process however if you want to be able to retry Documents you must deploy each sub-Processes as well"

Is it correct understanding that if we deploy one or more subprocesses explicitly than we can rerun documents "from" that specific subprocess having some kind of "checkpoint" implemented. For example we have parent process "ParentProcess" and sub-processes "SubProcessA" and "SubProcessB" with try catches like this:

ParentProcess.PNG

SubProcessA and SubProcessB:

SubProcessA.PNG

SubProcessB.PNG

Let's assume that something terrible happens in SubProcessA (obviously in the example above nothing terrible can happen). If I understand the article correctly I should be able to rerun documents from SubProcessA being able to skip "Serious persistent data manipulation" data process step (or it could have been connector call with insert/update operation). I am asking it because we deployed parent process with subprocesses (not the example above), run some documents trough them but could not find the "place" in Boomi where we could tell Boomi to execute failed documents from SubProcessA. So first question is what did Adam mean by saying " if you want to be able to retry Documents you must deploy each sub-Processes as well" and second question is if my understanding is correct where can I tell Boomi to execute failed documents from a specific subprocess?

Thanks,

Bela Vizer

Outcomes