AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to create JSON files from data, the document may not be well-formed json; Caused by: Invalid UTF-8

Question asked by ErikIvarsson3431 on Oct 26, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 by ErikIvarsson3431

Hi,

I have setup a REST web service using JSON format as the request and response profiles. It is to be used for a multi country web service and I am testing this through soapUI, everything is working fine but I see that when I send in requests with special characters (ö, ä, å, æ, ø, š etc.) it gives the error:

Unable to create JSON files from data, the document may not be well-formed json; Caused by: Invalid UTF-8 middle byte 0xe4 at [Source: com.boomi.util.io.FastByteArrayInputStream@6478ed7d; line: 34, column: 62]

Where then the "line: 34, column: 62" is the position of my special character.

I have tested to execute the process in Test Mode using a message shape with the same request which then goes directly to the Map and that works just fine, so the issue seems to be in the actual initiation of the request that is retrieved in Boomi(?). Is this something that can be solved by UTF-8 Character Encoding Error  ? I wanted to hear our thoughts first before I start changing something on the Atom...

Outcomes