Is it possible to EXPORT the XML profile from Boomi..??
In case if we want to share the request/response fields details with users / .. then this might be the best approach if boomi can implement it, if the profile has created by our own..
NO, you can not export profiles as of now.
Do vote for the existing ideas.
Vote for :Export sample XML or XSD from profile
Thanks Srini... i will vote for that..
There is a hack that you can use to "export" an XML profile.
WARNING -- Use at your own risk! Provided as-is with no assistance or guarantee that it will work for your purpose.
1. Search for XML files containing the profile name that you want to export in ATOM_ROOT\component
2. You will get multiple hits on matching XML files
3. Open each XML file until you find the profile definition and version that you are looking for:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><Component xmlns:ns2="http://www.boomi.com/connector/annotation" xmlns:ns3="http://exacttarget.com/wsdl/partnerAPI" xmlns:ns4="urn:fault.partner.exacttarget.com" xmlns:ns5="http://schemas.boomi.com/sap/edi_dc40" xmlns:ns6="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/"> <Id>1212d7de-10ac-4132-99999-c97782baeb4a</Id> <Type>profile.xml</Type> <Name>SF_Account_QUERY_Response</Name> <Version>1</Version>
4. Before you do anything else, save a copy of the xml file to new file name in your work space so you don't corrupt the original.
5. Now using a text editor like Notepad++ that supports RegEx, clean up the file of unwanted information and create the XML.
6. Save the "exported" profile.
NB: Your mileage may very
There's an even easier way. Send a document using that profile to a Notify Shape then open the document in the log and download and save. It's even formatted nicely. It's then easy to remove the element data. You will have to enable Respect Minimum Occurs to get elements with no data. I don't know why I've never tried this before.
You only get the XML structure but that may be good enough in some cases
Retrieving data ...