AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I create repeating XML groups in a single XML document from a non-repeating input ?

Question asked by mark.springthorpe131988 on Feb 22, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 by steve_skripek082158

I have a JSON input document that I need to map to an XML (SAP IDOC) output document.

In the output document, I need to create 2 instances of an XML group (TOTALS) created from a single input value from the input JSON (value), e.g.

Input;

“Order”

{

“orderNo”:”1234”,

“value”:”9.99”

}

Output;

<SAPORDER>

<HEADER>

<ORDERNO>1234</ORDERNO>

</HEADER>

<TOTALS>

<TOTALS-TYPE>AAAA</TOTALS-TYPE>

<TOTAL-VAL>9.99</TOTALS-TYPE>

</TOTALS>

<TOTALS>

<TOTALS-TYPE>BBBB</TOTALS-TYPE>

</TOTALS>

</SAPORDER>

So, I need to create 2 <TOTALS> groups with different types – this is a contrived example, not the real thing.

I have approached this as follows;

• Routed the input document to 2 sub-processes, and each sub-process creates a version of the <TOTALS> group, so that I end up with 2 new messages of;

<HEADER>

<ORDERNO>1234</ORDERNO>

</HEADER>

<TOTALS>

</TOTALS>

And

<HEADER>

<ORDERNO>1234</ORDERNO>

</HEADER>

<TOTALS>

</TOTALS>

I had to include the ORDERNO because I want to put them on a Document Cache, and this is the only identifier.

• On the main flow, I combined these 2 separate documents it a single one, so I then had;

<HEADER>

<ORDERNO>1234</ORDERNO>

</HEADER>

<TOTALS>

</TOTALS>

<HEADER>

<ORDERNO>1234</ORDERNO>

</HEADER>

<TOTALS>

</TOTALS>

• I then place this single combined document into a cache, keyed on the ORDERNO

• In the main process's map, I then added a map function to pull the document from the cache (based on the ORDERNO on the original JSON document).

Originally I got the function output to be the <TOTALS> element, and mapped that to the output XML’s <TOTALS> element – hoping it would map at this top level.  It didn’t and just mapped nothing (null).

• I then modified the function to output the lower level elements <TOTALS-TYPE> and <TOTALS-VAL>, and mapped to the corresponding elements on the output XML.

However, this only created an instance for <TOTALS-TYPE> of ‘AAAA’ and not ‘BBBB’ – which is not what I want.

How do I achieve what I want to do, because it seems to be a difficult thing to do L

Outcomes