AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue converting from program command shape to data process shape to run system command

Question asked by robin.stocks658286 on Aug 23, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2017 by robin.stocks658286

I have used the following blog post created by Rene Klomp to create a process to run a local system command

Getting Results from a System Command into Your Process

and I am experiencing an issue getting it to work with a specific system command

The system command works in the program command shape but not when used in the data process shape. I have a process that reflects Rene's second example.

The system command is

"C:\Program Files\PuTTY\plink.exe" -ssh intprd@mfgprd -pw xxxxx -m "C:\Boomi\CommandFiles\ls.txt"

when using the data process shape with the Groovy script as detailed in the blog and preceding it with the message shape containing the above command I get the following error

Test execution of Test completed with errors. Embedded message: Error executing data process; Caused by: No signature of method: com.boomi.process.logging.BaseProcessLogger.error() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: {"'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,"} (in groovy script); Caused by: No signature of method: com.boomi.process.logging.BaseProcessLogger.error() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: {"'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,"}

I have also modified slashes in the command

"C:/Program Files/PuTTY/plink.exe" -ssh intprd@mfgprd -pw xxxxx -m "C:/Boomi/CommandFiles/ls.txt"

and the get the same error but with the forward slash in the error

The data process setup does work with a simple system command as shown in the blog e.g. dir/od/b

Regards

Robin

Outcomes