AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upload large set of data to the Salesforce.

Question asked by sreenivasulu.gidda.contractor619345 on Jun 5, 2018

Hello Team, Hope everyone is doing well here.

So, I wanted to know if any timing within the Salesforce API calls. 

For example: 
I built an integration by using Dell Boomi platform to create/upsert price book entries at Salesforce.  To create a custom price book, we have to create a standard price book here. So, within a single integration, inserting standard price book and custom price book as well. Here the integration itself checks if standard price book is created or not. If not created, go ahead and create it[we are hitting salesforce API here to create standard price book] and then go and create the custom price book[again we are hitting salesforce API here to create the custom price book].

If you observe, we are using Salesforce API call twice. This happens twice for a single record right. If I process with a single record, it works with no issues. 

If I process with huge data(1K+ records), the integration works partially as below. 

-    For some records, standard price book’s will get created.
-    For some records, custom price book will get created.
-    For some records, standard and custom price book will get created.
-    For some records, standard and custom price book will NOT create.  
If you see the 4th point, if I process the failed records individually, it works. So I can confirm that there is no data issue. 

If any timing matters here. For example, once standard price book creates, it’s skipping to create custom price book as the integration is unable to get the standard price book information from Salesforce within seconds?

Long story but short, within an integration, we are hitting salesforce API calls many times and checking to see if the timing does matters while reflecting the data from salesforce to any data loader. Appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Sreeni

Outcomes