bartlomiej.krawiec

SAP Connector logging errors on successful process

Discussion created by bartlomiej.krawiec on Jun 13, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2018 by ch.contzen061487

Hi all!

I have quite a few integrations connecting on-premise Boomi atoms to our on-premise SAP systems. By systems I mean multiple instances of different functions, versions etc. Basically it's not like it happens only with one instance/system/function module, it happens with all.

Thing is that even though processes are running successfully and no errors are produced, Boomi is logging errors (exceptions) in the process log and in the log files on atom. Every time the process runs, Boomi logs all the possible exceptions from the Function Module that are defined in the SAP. The same happens with standard SAP Function Modules as well as with custom ones that we built.

Boomi support says that they are not handling SAP connector errors, meaning they will not be visible in the process itself but only in the process logs. 

"Currently SAP Connector is built in such a way that the warnings returned by the function calls are captured in process logs rather than the connector handle those messages, unfortunately, you will have to check the process logs to check the status. The behavior you are observing is expected as per the current design".

I personally don't believe it since I was able to produce errors on connector level as well (will be shown below).

Problem here is that there are no errors AT ALL when process runs fine but still Boomi sees them somehow.

Example, very simple process reading a single table from SAP using standard SAP Function Module. User we login with has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW roles in SAP, so everything that is possible. I am getting expected data from SAP,  there are no errors in the process/data, no errors on SAP side and Boomi shows this (every exception defined in SAP for this Function Module):

Atom log:

Jun 13, 2018 7:40:14 AM UTC SEVERE [com.boomi.connector.sap.SAPGet checkForErrors] Errors on /BODS/RFC_READ_TABLE
com.sap.conn.jco.AbapException: (126) DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED: DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED

Jun 13, 2018 7:40:14 AM UTC SEVERE [com.boomi.connector.sap.SAPGet checkForErrors] Errors on /BODS/RFC_READ_TABLE
com.sap.conn.jco.AbapException: (126) FIELD_NOT_VALID: FIELD_NOT_VALID

com.sap.conn.jco.AbapException: (126) NOT_AUTHORIZED: NOT_AUTHORIZED

com.sap.conn.jco.AbapException: (126) OPTION_NOT_VALID: OPTION_NOT_VALID

com.sap.conn.jco.AbapException: (126) TABLE_NOT_AVAILABLE: TABLE_NOT_AVAILABLE

com.sap.conn.jco.AbapException: (126) TABLE_WITHOUT_DATA: TABLE_WITHOUT_DATA

On the other hand, when I generate real errors ON PURPOSE (like when I try to get fields that don't exist), there are no errors in the atom log at all but I see exception on the connector shape and in the process log (but in the other place compared with the process with no errors):

Anyone using SAP connectors can check if you also have errors/exceptions visible in the process log/atom log even if process is successful?

I think I hit the wall with the support as they say everything is fine and expected and the problem is in our SAP system. They ask us to contact SAP. Also, the same function modules used in different middleware systems (like SAP PI) work fine and don't show any errors.

I will still use these SAP connectors because they work fine and I get expected data but it's really strange that Boomi sees errors where there are none.

sap rfc 

Outcomes