We have been trying to develop a custom connector using the Dell Boomi SDK and had some questions which I wanted to ask. Any help is welcome.
1) We got the POST operation to work but when we try GET operation by using the inspiration from official docs (Implementingthe GET Operation ) as well as a blog post (https://www.atlassian.com/blog/continuous-delivery/practical-continuous-deployment) , we got the error below:
I found a similar questions here: Custom Connector Error and https://community.boomi.com/message/6257?commentID=6257#comment-6257 where the suggestion was to pass the ID. But I am not sure how to do that, why should I do that when I have passed all the params which my code requires.
2) When and how do we read parameters passed to the Dell Boomi interface rather than through operations. I see some connectors passing properties like below. When are we supposed to pass values through operations (via descriptors) and when do we use such configs. And if we use such configs, how do we get those details in the code.
3) How do we enable request/response profiles for JSON like in other connectors via SDK and how do we use it?
4) We came across some keywords like HTTP_VERB being used in the descriptor file - Is there any documentation on what are the keywords in Dell Boomi?
5) When specifying the fields in descriptors, how do we specify which fields are mandatory and which fields are optional? For eg. we can have some optional inputs, say limit which can be used for pagination but not mandatory. So, is there any way to specify that a parameter is optional.
6) If we are doing multiple create, update, delete or get operations, how do we establish the mapping between the operation we are specifying in the descriptor and the functions which we are writing? Say, we define 2 operations called create employee and create payelement, so how do I say that this function has to be executed when he does create employee and this when he does create payelement when both have same methods?
7) In the link here: Implementingthe GET Operation I see that they are having a line of code which says:
String requestUrl = "http://www.example.com/service/type/" + getContext().getObjectTypeId() + "/value/" + objectId;
Say a URL for get operation is like this: http://xyz.com/param1/value1/param2/value2/param3/value3
How do we get the 3 object IDs for param1, param2 and param3 and in getObjectTypeId. It feels like only 1 parameter is supported though I am not sure.
That's all the doubts I have so far. Any help is welcome.