AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I alter the value stored in a dynamic document property?

Question asked by j2k on Aug 15, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 by britto.parthalomew

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster -- hoping you can help me out.

The process I have is retrieving encrypted files from a SFTP server. I want to read the file name of those files to dictate what destination tables the contents of those files will be pushed into (into destination tables matching the same name in a 3rd party marketing automation platform). 

The problem is that the filenames are something like this: test_file_name_20180812133005.csv.gpg 

Ideally, I need to be able to strip everything from the last underscore, over to the right, so that

test_file_name_20180812133005.csv.gpg

becomes  test_file_name

I'm currently storing/reading the filename using a dynamic document property in the fashion I want, but of course with all the characters at the end that I don't want. Is there a way to trim/remove those characters? 

I've tried following some older posts via search, using Business Rules and Maps but don't seem to have been successful thus far. It seems to me that after I set the dynamic document property using a Set Properties shape that I need to do some sort of string manipulation on that property afterward -- just having trouble figuring out how to do that.

Thanks!

Outcomes