The @mention functionality allows you to easily create a link to a piece of content, place, or person in the community. This can be used in any rich text editor including forums, documents, and ideas.
How to Use @mention
- In a piece of content or comment, type the “@” symbol (or click the “@” icon if it is available) and start typing the name of content, place, or person to which you want to link. A search dialog opens and suggests possible matches as you type.
- Use an underscore “_” as a space to search for names or titles with multiple words. For example "@salesforce_conn" would start matching content containing "salesforce" and "conn". The search dialog includes documents, discussions, and places, as well as people. Keep typing to narrow the choices.
- Select the correct match from the list to insert the link.
Tips for Use
- Consider @mentioning a person to invite them to collaborate or comment on something. However be mindful when you do because it generates notifications for them.
- When @mentioning a person the user is sent a social interaction notification in their Inbox. Depending on their preferences they will also get an email about. Note that @mentioning someone in content they are already participating will generate two notifications, one for the @mention the other for the update to the content.
- When @mentioning a place it will be noted in the place’s activity stream.