Four Things to Do First

Document created by Adam Arrowsmith Employee on Feb 28, 2016Last modified by Adam Arrowsmith Employee on Jun 7, 2016
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Dear new community user, welcome! I'm your community manager Adam Arrowsmith and I'm here to help you get the most of our community.

Here's a quick list of four simple things to do to get started:

1. Update your profile - Add a picture and share some info about yourself and your expertise.
    • Click the avatar menu in the upper right corner > Edit Profile. Read more.
  2. Confirm your email preferences - Make sure your preferences are set to receive periodic notifications to stay informed.
    • Click the avatar menu in the upper right corner > Preferences. Read more.
    • My recommendations to start:
      1. Under Notification Preferences, set Receive Notifications? to "Yes." This is the master switch to allow emails.
      2. Under Inbox Notifications, set Activity to "Email"=checked and "All Activity". This will send you an email when someone replies to your question.
      3. Under News & Stream Notifications, set Boomi Buzz to "Email"=checked and either "Once-" or "Twice-a-week summary". This will send you a nice summary digest of the latest news and announcements.
  3. Search for something - Use the global search to quickly find whatever it is you're looking for.
    1. Click the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner.
  4. Go on and post something! - Ask a new question, reply/comment on an existing one, or share a new idea. The community grows with every post.

To learn more about the community, see About the Community (no product questions). If you have any questions/comments/problems, please let me know.

See you around the community!

5 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes