What are the best practices to follow when sending data to MDM?
- Follows common incremental sync pattern
- Selection criteria from source should be based on LastModDate and/or “change indicator” flag field
- Tip: If use a dedicated integration user (recommended) exclude where LastModBy=integration user if possible.
- UPSERT action only. No need to query ahead to see if record already exists in the MDM
- Typically map source app’s internal ID as MDM “entity ID”
- Process just needs to get data to MDM. If there are problems with bad data, missing values, dupes, etc. it will be caught and quarantined in MDM
- No application error response to inspect
- Need a separate operation per object per source
- Each MDM object is upserted independently (no combo calls)
2 people found this helpful