This article explains how to set up an 850 profile in AtomSphere.
- Click on the blue dropdown arrow next to the folder in the Component Explorer you want to create your new profile and choose New Component.
- From the process you want to create the EDI profile, Select New Component
- Choose Profile
- Give the profile a name
- Make sure it is going to the correct location
- Select EDI
- Once the profile is displayed, select the Options tab to define your EDI file:
- Select your Standard: X12( User Defined and EDIFACT are the others)
- For File Options chose:
- Star Delimited (all X12 files are all delimited with *)
- Tilde (~) for Segment Terminator (X12 is delimited with a tilde)
- Composite Delimiters will vary based upon trading partners
- X12 Version Options – Here you will select the Version and transmission type
- X12 Options
- Interchange control standard configures the control standard defined in your X12 EDI specifications. It can either be U-US EDI Community of AS12, TDCC and UCS (the default) or X-US EDI Community of ASC X12.
- Use Loop Start/End – Check only if needed (rarely needed) to put start and end segments on each loop.
- Ignore Undefined Segments – If checked the system will ignore undefined segments before and after each loop (rarely needed).
- Ignore Undefined – If checked the system will ignore undefined data elements rather than generating an error.
From your EDI spec all you need to know is the name of the segments you want in your profile:
1 person found this helpful