This article describes how to configure the Database Connection component and required Custom Libraries to connect to Advantage Database Server via JDBC.
Setting up a database connection to Advantage Database Server can be challenging if you are not aware that the version of the ADS JDBC driver much match the server version. Below are instructions for setting up the custom database connection for ADS.
- Obtain ADS drivers and connectivity information
- Upload drivers to your AtomSphere account
- Create and deploy Custom Library component for drivers
- Create new Database Connection component
- Test connectivity
- Obtain the following ADS server information
- Host Name or IP Address (fully qualified DNS name of the ADS server or IP Address)
- Port Number
- Path (the shared folder path for the database)
- ADS Server version
- Download the JDBC driver matching the server version from ADS Devzone. For example, if the server version is 10.1, you must download the JDBC driver for 10.1.
- Upload the downloaded JDBC driver to your AtomSphere account. Go to Setup > Account Libraries:
- In the Build tab, create a Custom Library component for the ADS driver.
- Deploy the Custom Library component..
- After the deployment, the jar file should be available in userlib/database folder on the Atom attached to the environment where the custom library component was deployed
- Create a new Database Connection component for your ADS server.
- Driver Type: Custom
- User Name and Password: as required
- Class Name: com.extendedsystems.jdbc.advantage.ADSDriver
- Connection URL: The connection URL consists of the following, for more information click here:
- Class Path: jdbc:extendedsystems:advantage
- Host Name: Fully qualified host name of IP address for the ADS server
- Port: TCP port of ADS server
- Path: Path to the data source directory (UNC path) and data dictionary name
- Example Connection Parameters
- Test the connection to make sure the connection is established successfully.