AnsweredAssumed Answered

Removing characters from a field using Groovy

Question asked by mmapel on Oct 12, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2012 by deepak.agrawal
I don't do a lot of coding and have never used Groovy, so I appoligize in advance for a newb question such as this. I am needing to verify that a NetSuite Inventory Item is available by doing a connector call. The source data I am using contains the internalId of all of our products, I'm reading from an Excel spreadsheet and for some reason the it adds a ".0" to the end of the internalId. So I'm needing to strip that ".0" out of that particular field then pass the results on to my connector that is performing the query. In a map function this is no problem, since the input/output is defined by me and easily referenced. But in a Data Process step, I have no idea how to reference that one field, strip the ".0" out and store it back in the stream. All I'm looking at in my Data Process script is the default skeleton script that Boomi provides. I have looked at the groovy.codehaus.org site, but I don't know how to lookup what I'm looking for in relation to Boomi! Any suggestions, directions or help would be appreciated. Once I get a grasp of what is going on in the Data Process with Groovy, I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks,
Matthew

Outcomes