AnsweredAssumed Answered

JMS connector with Listen operation does not retrieve messages, but JMS Get operation does when configured the same way.

Question asked by KevinDodds7181 on Nov 19, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2013 by KevinDodds7181
I'm trying to configure a process to utilize some existing JMS messaging we have for internal integration.  In general, we put a request on a queue, and then listen for a response on a different queue (more than just an acknowledgement, it can be data request/reply).  I am able to write to the queues and read from the queues using the Send and Get actions.  But the Listen action never pulls a message from the queue even though it is configured just like the Get, except for the timeout field which does not exist on the Listen action screen.

I did have some challenge getting the queue name correct to even work with Get and Send.  Does Listen not like the "dynamicQueues" usage perhaps?  If not, then how do I need to configure the queue and reference it in the action differently?

We are using ActiveMQ 5.8.0, and I have put the necessary jars in the <atom installation dir>/userlib/jms directory.

Connection:
0EM40000000PSlY

Listen (Full value of Destination is "dynamicQueues/Boomi.JMS.Test"):
0EM40000000PSld

Get (Full value of Destination is "dynamicQueues/Boomi.JMS.Test"):
0EM40000000PSli

Outcomes