AnsweredAssumed Answered

NetSuite Detach Contact - can't specify correct record type?

Question asked by EvanTrimble2071 on Sep 23, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 by EvanTrimble2071
Hello,

I'm having trouble creating a NetSuite Execute operation the detaches a Contact from a Customer. The cause of the trouble seems to be some weird behavior I am witnessing:

I have a map shape that sets the type value for both the detachFrom and detachedRecord. The type value here corresponds to the record type in NetSuite. This field is required for NetSuite to successfully process the detach. 

When I execute in test mode and look at the shape source data for the connection, which immediately follows the map, I see what I expect:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ns1:ContactDetachBasicReference xmlns:ns1="urn:core_2015_1.platform.webservices.netsuite.com">
  <ns1:detachFrom internalId="21532" type="customer" />
  <ns1:detachedRecord internalId="23424" type="contact" />
</ns1:ContactDetachBasicReference>

However, if I look at the request that was submitted to NetSuite (via NetSuite's web services usage log), the request has identical type values for both detachFrom and detachedRecord:

<ns1:detachFrom xsi:type="ns1:RecordRef" type="contact" internalId="21532"/>
                <ns1:detachedRecord xsi:type="ns1:RecordRef" type="contact" internalId="23424"/>

It's like the connector is erroneously overwriting the type value for detachFrom that I successfully defaulted in the map shape.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Evan

Outcomes