AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to update many Salesforce records from a single source record?

Question asked by PatrickBrilino6911 on Oct 29, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 by Adam Arrowsmith
I have a process where I take a CSV file with email addresses, and create a record in a custom object (called Certification) in Salesforce which is attached to a contact through a contact lookup field on the certification record.  The only data I have in the CSV file to identify the contact in Salesforce is the email address, which is not necessarily unique.

I need to lookup the contact ID using the contact email address, but the lookup might return more than one contact.  In the case where the lookup returns more than one Salesforce contact, I want to create a certification record for each contact returned in the lookup.  For example, if the lookup for email address a@abc.com returns two contacts (each with a unique Salesforce ID), then I want to create two certification records - one attached to each contact.

I'm not able to find a good way to do this.  I've tried using a cache, but I have no unique key for the cache which I can also use as a lookup.  I've tried using a map function or a decision step, but I get the expected error "Nested connector call returned more than 1 document." when there is more than one contact.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes