AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to persist document properties across a connector?

Question asked by david.mahancs on Mar 6, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2018 by mmorthala189353

I am setting a dynamic document property that does not survive past a connector call.  I was hoping to use this property value to match the resulting record back to the originating document.  Maybe there is something at issue with my connector call.  Or maybe there is some special Boomi judo move that is needed to do what I am doing.

In a nutshell, my process is:

1. Query Salesforce for a record (or records)
  2. Map into a different XML format
  3. Deliver this to a separate database via stored procedure
  4. Query the same database (different table) for the latest status record.

The tricky bit here is that this status record does not contain any usable reference to the input records.  So I can't just join this back to the former using a document cache based on some common field.  In fact, it does not depend on any input parameters.  If I can pass a record to the database without error (step 3), I can therefore query for the latest status record.

So this is where the disconnect may come from.  But if that is so... how can I use Boomi to connect my input to my output?

Per my screenshot, I have confirmed that the document property exists before the last connector, but is absent after.

Per my flow control, records are sure to run one-at-a-time, so a successful input ought to mean a new status record exists after.

Thanks!

David

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 3.30.39 PM.png

Outcomes