I would like to hear some of your experiences, thoughts, encountered pitfalls etc. for integration with Microsoft Dynamics Navision through Boomi. We are currently integrating Salesforce with Navision through Boomi, we have two different Navision instances that we currently support integration towards. When we started the project a while back we could not solve the authentication towards the web services exposed by Navision due to NTLM not being supported in Boomi (?).
We are currently using a basic .NET developed Wrapper which is deployed on an onsite-server that uses Basic authentication when connecting from Boomi and sends requests towards the Navision web services using the required NTLM authentication. For several reasons this is not optimal and I am now investigating how this can be done in the best way directly from Boomi.
I know very little about Navision but I am trying to get a basic understanding of the overall logic and possibilities for Navision when exposing web services, as well as the differences between Codeunit and Page when it comes to how these works and if there is any differences in regard to how Boomi can handle the connection and communication towards these.
I am interested in discussing the differences between Navision versions and to what extent these are "compatible" with Boomi when it comes to the actual connection and operations from Boomi.
Some discussion points:
- Have the handling of your Navision integration changed over time as Navision upgrades to newer versions?
- How is your current connection to Navision handled?
- Are there any requirements on the Navision side besides creating the web service as an oData web service for Boomi to being able to connect to it using the oData Connector?
- Is there a difference from a Boomi point of view to connect to a Codeunit vs. a Page web service in Navision?
- Are there any known (or "unknown") best practices for this kind of integration?