AnsweredAssumed Answered

MDM Master Sync Process

Question asked by ChadWatson7251 on Mar 24, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 by ChadWatson7251

When creating a master sync process, I have followed the documentation to create the equivalent of this for my sources:

I send in about 500 records to the MDM each time I run it.  I thought the process would wait until those batches were finished processing through the MDM before executing the MDM to Source processes.  It doesn't seem to be that way.  Therefore, it seems I need to break this up into two processes where I send the updates to MDM in one and retrieve the pending channel updates in the other with a delay in between the two.  This will ensure I get all the pending channel updates.  Is there another way I should be processing this?

I have checked the "Wait for process to complete?" property on the process, but it must get feedback stating it's complete once it receives all the records.

The source doesn't store a "last changed" field, so I will be grabbing 500 records every time I run it.  Otherwise, I would choose to run it more often.

Here's an example:

I sent in 2000 records.  It will take over an hour before it has processed through the batches and all pending channel deliveries are ready for consumption.  The master sync process doesn't wait till all those are ready before moving to the "MDM to source" processes as part of the sync.

Outcomes