AnsweredAssumed Answered

Flat file versus Cross Reference table.

Question asked by EdCaliri7021 on Apr 7, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 by EdCaliri7021

I need a few opinions.  I have to move products from Salesforce to Netsuite but SF does not have all the information Netsuite requires so a new table is being created.  I am familiar with XREF tables and like them but do not like the fact that when the table changes the process has to be redeployed, also a person has to be familiar with Boomi to make changes.  The changes won't occur often but they will occur.  Also, if I have to reference this table several times within the map, what will the impact be?  I don't know flat files very well in the Boomi environment but I could make it like a CSV file and a person could maintain it outside of Boomi using excel.  I assume no need to reploy when this happens.  A third option is to create a new table within Salesforce and use connector calls within the map.  Then, the Salesforce person could maintain it and unless a  field is added/deleted it won't need to be redeployed.  ((This sounds the most reasonable to me but I could use a few more lines of thought))  Thanks.

Outcomes