AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to do a Salesforce upsert without external ID?

Question asked by doug458967 on Jun 3, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 by Sjaak Overgaauw

I'm very new to Boomi. I'm looking to do a two-way sync on several tables between Salesforce and a Postgres database (on Heroku). I've got the integration working from Salesforce to Heroku, but I'm having real trouble getting the data back into Salesforce.

Inserting/creating records seems to work ok, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to update a record in Salesforce. Everything I've read makes me think I should be doing an upsert with an External ID. I've set up an External ID field in Salesforce, but I can't figure out how to actually use it. Here's an example:

1. Sync a record from Salesforce to Heroku

2. Record gets updated in Heroku

3. I want to sync that record back to Salesforce, but the associated Salesforce record does not yet know the External ID of this record. How do I facilitate that without an External ID? I have the Salesforce ID stored in Heroku, but I haven't figured out how to use that instead of the External ID.

I'm so new to Boomi that I feel like I'm missing some fundamental detail here, but I've been through countless docs and forum posts with no real help. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug

Outcomes