AnsweredAssumed Answered

Netsuite custom records: InternalId works but name is not resolved

Question asked by Sjaak Overgaauw on Aug 24, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 by Sjaak Overgaauw

Hi,

I'm working on an interface between a MySQL database and Netsuite to update Fulfillments and custom records regarding packages. The core integration works fine, but I'm having an issue with updating the shipping method in a custom record.

Btw: I do have a workaround but I would like to know what the structural solution is.

Behaviour

• Upsert of custom record without shipping method: works
  • Upsert of custom record with shipping method by using internalId: works
  • Upsert of custom record with shipping method by using name: error, see message below

INVALID_KEY_OR_REF Type: ERROR Message: Invalid CUSTRECORD_PACKAGE_SHIPPER reference key null. ] Unknown failure

Questions

1. First, I would like to know why Netsuite does not resolve the name to an ID
  2. Possible work arounds
    • query all the shipment methods, store them in a cache and use the cache in the mapping to lookup the InternalId. I'm trying to find the object name to query the shipping methods in Netsuite? I don't know if this is a custom list but you can access them from via the menu <Lists><Accounting><Shipping Items>
    • temporary workaround: create a cross reference table in Boomi and use that in the mapping

Outcomes