Need example of the SQL which updates a single record with multiple values from the incoming profile.
You are correct the Dynamic Update Operation is easy to configure but I needed to watch Adam Arrowsmith's video to get the steps:
1. Select 'Dynamic Update' in operation and update the profile
2. Below the Fields there is also a parent node called Conditions. Delete all of the 'Conditions' that are not needed to lock in the condition for the update. Ignore the Position number as it changes with each deletion
3. Select the type of condition in the right hand pane, e.g. for ID 'equal to' as your update condition
4. Go back to the map immediately before the database connector and choose the newly created update profile in in your map as the destination profile.
4. Beneath the Fields, there will be a 'Conditions' parent node. Opening this parent node will show the field(s)/condition(s) you have chosen as part of your update condition. Connect this part of the profile with the corresponding field in the source profile. Hope this helps.
Database update is quite simple only. You just need to take parameters from the conditions section whatever you want delete all other parameters and map values those fields then it will work as expected.
Here are some useful help links,
Updating the DATA.
Database Integration Guide
Thanks for reply, but the request was for syntax. The posts in the links and the official documentation are also missing the needed details.
1. For Database update with no conditions, just single document update is recommended to use:
- 'Standard Insert | Update | Delete' then Add SQL
2. If 'Standard Insert | Update | Delete' is correct what should the SQL syntax be for the incoming data so that the parameters are referenced?
UPDATE dbo.Supplier SET Status = (incoming Status) WHERE SupplierID = '(incoming SupplierID)
3. If Dynamic Update is the correct approach then how to identify the incoming ID field in the source profile?
Retrieving data ...