AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error connecting to Amazon RDS from local atom

Question asked by rob.banas on Dec 15, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 by Sjaak Overgaauw

Hi all, I'm trying to connect to a MySQL instance running on AWS RDS. The error I get is:

unable to browse. Unable to browse connection. Caused by: Unable to open database connection. Access denied for user <myuser>@<host> (using password: YES)

I've downloaded the Amazon RDS combined bundle PEM and extracted the Root CA. I've imported it into my Atom's keystore and I can see the Amazon RDS Root CA in the Certificate Authority tab of the Atom's Certificates screen.

I have the latest MySQL driver in the Atom's userlib\databases folder and can see it in the Installed Libraries screen on the Atom's management page. I'm using mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin.jar.

The connection looks like:

The interesting part is that I am able to connect to this instance using another method. I can create an SSL connection to this RDS instance, configure the connection to use the bundled PEM file and I am able to successfully connect using Toad, a sql management tool.

The machine machine where Toad is installed is the same physical machine as where the Boomi Atom runs.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Outcomes