AnsweredAssumed Answered

Reusable API for Internal & External Consumption

Question asked by tatneng.see231778 on Dec 21, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2018 by hoover1980

Hi,

I come from ESB SOA background and we have the requirement to create a portfolio of reusable API(WS or REST) for internal and external consumption:

1. Internal consumption - Reusable API to be called internally by other Dell Boomi process.
  2. External consumption - Reusable API to be called by application outside Dell Boomi.

My question is for an API to be consumed internally or externally, i must expose the Dell Boomi process as Web Service listener. The problem is for internal consumption, the parent process calling to different internal Dell Boomi WS will consume extra connector licensing unique by different web service. Means if i have an orchestration process to call 3 reusable internal Dell Boomi WS, it will costs me 3 connector licensing.

The other way is to make reusable component as sub process, however sub process is not able to call by external application. And the other problem with sub process is the changes of sub process requires all the parent process to be deployed in order to take effect with the  latest changes.

What should be the way to create a portfolio of reusable API(WS or REST) for internal and external consumption without consuming extra connector licensing?

Outcomes