We are trying to explore the options on boomi to use/configure it as traditional VAN, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The EDI Network ( VAN ) is simply a secure network where EDI documents can be exchanged between business partners. An organization will be provided with a mailbox. Documents are sent and received from there and the organization checks the mailbox periodically to retrieve its documents. Most EDI Network Services providers offer an alerting service that informs the sender when messages have been sent successfully and also notifies the recipient that a new message is waiting.
In addition to secure communications, EDI Networks deliver:
- Full mailbox service. Messages are automatically routed to the correct mailbox. Business partners connect to the EDI Network to retrieve their messages
- Inspection and authentication of all EDI messages. The EDI Network will verify the identity of the business partner and validity of the message
- Full audit trail. All EDI messages are tracked and recorded
- Message notification. Business partners are notified when message enters their mailbox
- Ancillary services. EDI Network Service providers offer an extensive range of services including data backup and recovery, document mapping and compliance