AnsweredAssumed Answered

MS SQL Server connections in Boomi

Question asked by allan.ford577519 on Feb 6, 2017
Latest reply on May 13, 2018 by allanford763760

We did manage to get some example MS SQL Server connections working in Boomi, i.e. where we specify a host with just one database instance and where we specify the user account name and password details.

We still have 2 issues with MS SQL Server connections via Boomi:

Issue 1: How to specify the instance name when the SQL Server host has multiple instances on the same server

Issue 2: How to do pass through authentication with AD ..

Re. Issue 1 ..

We had issues when the sql server Host has multiple “instances” of databases on the same server.

I spotted:

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/68771/connecting-to-sql-server-using-oracle-sql-developer

I got this working in Oracle SQL* Developer tool  .. (via inclusion of the instance name in the Port section ..)

Boomi doesn’t allow non numeric characters in the port section ..

So I wondered if Boomi has had this issue with other customers before ?

I tried unsuccessfully with a custom type generic connection as per this:

jdbc:sqlserver://ADERAD01D:1433;instance=SQL14;database=DSO_SHIFTLOG;

But I get message:

Unable to browse: Unable to browse connection.; Caused by: Unable to open database connection. The TCP/IP connection to the host ADERAD01D, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: no further information. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".; Caused by: The TCP/IP connection to the host ADERAD01D, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: no further information. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".

Outcomes