Our company has a lot of Netsuite customers. In general, we know our way around. But Netsuite and the Boomi connector still has it's secrets. For example, depending on the type of a custom field, custom field values are not always available during mapping. XML elements and values however are available in the XML profile and the corresponding XML file generated by Netsuite.
I have the impression that, best case, StringCustomFieldRef's are working out of the box. Examples of custom fields which do not work:
- Subsidiary QUERY: LongCustomFieldRef's
- Customer QUERY: SelectCustomFieldRef's, customer addresses don't show any custom fields (StringCustomFieldRef's, BooleanCustomFieldRef's)
- Workaround for customer QUERY: use the GET for StringCustomFieldRef's
Below you see a SelectCustomFieldRef of a customer:
<platformCore:Special_Location xmlns:platformCore="urn:core_2016_1.platform.webservices.netsuite.com" internalId="2084" scriptId="custentity_special_location" xsi:type="platformCore:SelectCustomFieldRef">
<platformCore:value internalId="1" typeId="209">Airport<platformCore:name>Airport</platformCore:name></platformCore:value>
Regarding the subsidiary object. The LongCustomFieldRef complex type is not part of the Netsuite XML profile generated by Boomi. I have added it to the XML profile manually, but so far, no luck.
- Any tips for workarounds? Using a GET operation comes with a high costs if you have to process many records. Netsuite sometimes blocks accessing the system via the API's for 5 minutes. Even with the special integration license. So this is a big issue for customers.
- The workaround of Lee Sobotkin "Custom Netsuite Fields are not properly being mapped " works in some cases, but I can't get it to work for a LongCustomFieldRef.
- Are these Netsuite issues or Boomi connectors issues? Or just my lack of knowledge?
It's my ambition to get these "Netsuite custom fields" issues fixed once and forever