AnsweredAssumed Answered

Netsuite custom fields not always populated

Question asked by Sjaak Overgaauw on Mar 14, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 by Sjaak Overgaauw

Hi team,

Our company has a lot of Netsuite customers. In general, we know our way around. But Netsuite and the Boomi connector still has it's secrets. For example, depending on the type of a custom field, custom field values are not always available during mapping. XML elements and values however are available in the XML profile and the corresponding XML file generated by Netsuite.

I have the impression that, best case, StringCustomFieldRef's are working out of the box. Examples of custom fields which do not work:

• Subsidiary QUERY: LongCustomFieldRef's 
  • Customer QUERY: SelectCustomFieldRef's, customer addresses don't show any custom fields (StringCustomFieldRef's, BooleanCustomFieldRef's)
  • Workaround for customer QUERY: use the GET for StringCustomFieldRef's

Below you see a SelectCustomFieldRef of a customer:

<platformCore:Special_Location xmlns:platformCore="urn:core_2016_1.platform.webservices.netsuite.com" internalId="2084" scriptId="custentity_special_location" xsi:type="platformCore:SelectCustomFieldRef">
<platformCore:value internalId="1" typeId="209">Airport<platformCore:name>Airport</platformCore:name></platformCore:value>
</platformCore:Special_Location>

Regarding the subsidiary object. The LongCustomFieldRef complex type is not part of the Netsuite XML profile generated by Boomi. I have added it to the XML profile manually, but so far, no luck.

Questions

1. Any tips for workarounds? Using a GET operation comes with a high costs if you have to process many records. Netsuite sometimes blocks accessing the system via the API's for 5 minutes. Even with the special integration license. So this is a big issue for customers.
  2. The workaround of Lee Sobotkin "Custom Netsuite Fields are not properly being mapped " works in some cases,  but I can't get it to work for a LongCustomFieldRef.
  3. Are these Netsuite issues or Boomi connectors issues? Or just my lack of knowledge? 

It's my ambition to get these "Netsuite custom fields" issues fixed once and forever

Related links

Outcomes