AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is an example of an error handling subprocess that will write exceptional records to a flat file?

Question asked by mickey on Mar 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 15, 2018 by Adam Arrowsmith

Adam Arrowsmith:  I read your article:  https://community.boomi.com/community/knowledge-center/blog/2016/08/01/5-awesome-ways-to-use-properties#jive_content_id_5_Use_Process_Property_components_for_processspecific_settings_or_global_constants.

In it you suggest that a good practice for handling process/document errors is to call a global error handling subprocess.  However, I have searched this community/User Guide/Internet for a detailed example of how to configure my Global Error Handling Process, and I have not had much luck.  I excerpted the below image from your article, referenced above.

I would like to encapsulate the above concept into my Global Error Handling Process.  Specifically, I would like to (1) accumulate each exceptional record from the master process catch branch into a single log file, with tracked field data sufficient to identify the source file from which the erroneous record came; (2) give the file a dynamic, conventional name; (3) write the log file to an SFTP folder; and (4) send an email notification to an appropriate email address.

Could you please share with me the details of the shapes and configuration that I should use to accomplish this design?

Outcomes