I am using JMS connector to connect with ActiveMQ and I am able to fetch the message from queue. Now I need to store the message in a profile or document property, how can I achieve that?
Any sort of data can not be stored in a profile.
A profile is used to parse the incoming data in Boomi.
Using Dynamic document/Process property you can use to store incoming data in set properties shape.
Still, there are limitations in storing the entire data in the property.
You can also use message shape for moving the data into it and configure it as below.
Thank you Srinivas, from message queue we are getting message in JSON format and have to use the fields of the JSON in next process. How can I achieve that?
Good Boomi resources are the help pages such as Process building and the community knowledge center. Also, you can have a look at the learning processes on the Build tab of Atomsphere. See also Training and Certification - Dell Boomi.
To answer your question, you can follow the below steps to achieve the same:
1. Get data into boomi process via the JMS connector (either a listener or direct).
2. Put a message shape and get the current data there.
3. If you are sending any document properties already in the JMS connector then set them as dynamic process property before you proceed (in case of JMS listener).
4. Now put a map shape and in the source part of the map create a json profile and import the file you are getting in the message queue (FYI you should have a sample file with you locally to import, the map will fail if the incoming json file is different than that mentioned in the source part of the map).
4. Once done put the target profile in the map target part as per your requirement and map the fields accordingly.
5. Then you will have data in your target profile and then you can proceed the way you want.
Retrieving data ...