AnsweredAssumed Answered

Google Sheets question

Question asked by jvdb90 on May 5, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 by Sjaak Overgaauw

Hi everybody,

I’m relatively new to working with Dell Boomi. I am working on a Slack app to automate our lunch order process as a learning exercise. I have run into some problems that I cannot seem to find the solution for on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Case: I have built a Slack app that receives commands and depending on the commands it performs an action. The commands are:

/menu – serves up a menu with numbered menu items.

/order – adds an order to a Google spreadsheet. After the slash command the desired number is passed to let the app know which order the person wants to place.

All this information is then transformed, enriched and sent to the Google Sheet. The process does some cross referencing to eventually serve up a username, a full name, the order, the date and finally the price of the order.

There’s two additional steps I would like to add, but do not know how.

1. after the order process is completed, a scheduled process will send the information in the sheet to the person that places the order and the person that does the financial administration. When these emails are sent, I want to clear the entire sheet, except for the header rows, so the same sheet can be reused. I currently do not know how to do this with the Google Sheets connector. It only seems to want to update specific rows based on the row index. Would it be possible to do this or is it just beyond the current scope of capability?
  2. I want it to be possible to pass a /cancel command so that a specific order can be canceled in the case a mistake was made. For this to work I would want to return a message to Slack saying something along the lines of; ‘your order for a [insert sandwich] was successful + the rowindex. If I could send the rowindex back, I think I can figure out a way to use that number to cancel a specific order. However, I do not know how to do this.

The order process looks like this:

order process

The process which ends the order process and sends the info looks like this:

ending process

If any additional explanation is required, please let me know. Also, this is my first community post so please forgive me for any mistakes.

Outcomes