AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the proper way to test a Process Route?

Question asked by trey.yeager826393 on Jul 10, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2018 by austinbirchett730105

I am wondering if I am missing steps on how to properly test a Process Route.

I am currently getting the following message when I try to run a process in Test Mode on a local atom:

Test execution of Signal File Orchestrator completed with errors. Embedded message: Child Synchronous Process Call: Fin BOD Enqueue [execution-9cd535dd-6670-451e-b450-750b48e62ec8-2017.07.10(shape36)] call ended in error: com.boomi.process.ProcessException: Unable to initialize Process Route; ensure the process route component is deployed.; Caused by: Unable to initialize Process Route; ensure the process route component is deployed.; Caused by: Process Route component does not exist with id: resource::rout:97c3b361-7937-4f99-a7a1-8be18844bd90

Here is the "Fin BOD Enqueue" process that it is failing on:

To me this error means that the Process Route I am trying to test cannot be executed because it is not deployed (that Process Route being the "Fin BOD Enqueue Router"). This by itself seems like an issue because why should I have to deploy something to test it? The documentation for the Process Route component says that it does not implicitly deploy the Process Route when testing so I guess that makes sense.

So I get this error and I go check the deployment status of that process route and see that it is indeed attached and deployed to my DEV environment with no pending changes. If I look at the process calling that Process Route I see that it too is attached and deployed to my DEV environment with no pending changes. I have noticed that if I run "Fin BOD Enqueue" directly in Test Mode it runs fine, but if I call it from another process I get an error. So I decided to go to that parent process and check the deployment status there. The end result is that every process/process route in the chain here is attached and deployed to the DEV environment but I still get the same error as above.

Are there some steps I have to do when testing Process Routes that I am missing here? I know I have been able to test Process routes in the past and I even have some that currently work in the same process flow as the one mentioned above.

Any guidance would be great!

Outcomes