I have a process that has Business Rules in multiple places throughout the process, I need to consolidate all the Business Rule Result Messages into one document to be emailed. Can this be done?
I think that you can go into the message/notify shape that you are using to send your message and go into the variables section...
1) Create a new variable
2) The variable type is going to be a Document Property (see picture)
3) Choose the Document Property
4) When you have to choose the property type, leave it at Document Property
5) You will now want to choose Meta Data -> Base -> Business Rules Result Message (see picture)
Now you will have a variable in your message/notify shape that should contain the error message from you business rule(s). I am not sure, but I think this will have all error messages from all of your business rules. For more information on business rule error message, I would look here. Let me know if this works!
Actually this is exactly what I have done in my email sub-process and it is not doing what I expect. I have tried two scenarios to get this to work.
1) I have connected each Business Rule reject trail to my email sub-process and I get a separate email each time a Business Rule is executed.
2) I have executed the email sub-process as one of the last things in the total process and the Business Rule Result Messages are null at that point.
SAP HR Sr. Consultant
3780 Mansell Rd.
Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately. Please note that we reserve the right to monitor and read any emails sent and received by the Company in accordance with and to the extent permitted by applicable legal rules.
Thank you for the information,
Retrieving data ...