AnsweredAssumed Answered

API Management: Setting up a reverse proxy?

Question asked by aj474918 on Aug 24, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 by srkumar035547

Dear experts,

I'm trying to describe API Management features to a client, in detail. I've been able to find quite a few sources about API Management on the forums, knowledge center and help.boomi.com, but none seem to be exhaustive.
I understand the differences between simple Web Services Enablement and API Management, but I've been unable to find extensive information about some of the features API Management offers.

For instance, is it possible to set up reverse proxy functionality with API Management? 
Dell Boomi API Management - Create, Publish and Manage your APIs  mentions an "API Gateway", but no other sources seem to reference this term specifically. This creates some confusion about what API Management offers.
To my understanding, there is no general API Gateway. Each Atom has its own Web Server and you need to configure a 'gateway' per Atom. Could anyone explain this in more detail?

Other topics I can't really find information about are creating an authentication source and API Management 'Applications' section as a whole. 

Any additional information would be appreciated!

Outcomes