AnsweredAssumed Answered

Correlate an MDM query record with a SalesForce create response?

Question asked by z.samsel on Sep 5, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 by anton_damiani

I'm working on a proof of concept contact sync between SalesForce and a custom internal users database. So far I've incorporated most of the two-way syncs between both endpoints and a central MDM repository, but I'm bumping up against an issue that I want to make sure that I solve the right way. What I'm trying to do is the following high-level sequence:

1. Pull the next batch of documents from the MDM Contact outbound channel for SalesForce
  2. When the MDM record was created, send a create contact request to SalesForce
  3. Update the MDM golden record with the new SalesForce contact key

The SalesForce response does not return any information other than a success flag and the new Salesforce object ID, so I'm wondering what the best way is to correlate the document returned by MDM with the SalesForce response so that I have all the data that I need to make an UPSERT request to MDM.

I was able to do this by using flow control and a dynamic process property, but this seems like a round-about way to perform what should be a relatively simple request/response correlation. My process looks like this:

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, but I've only been using Boomi for a few days and need someone to point out what that something is.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes