AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are you doing to handle cleanup of old/unused processes?

Question asked by trey.yeager826393 on Oct 25, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 by trey.yeager826393

I am curious to see what some of you have come up with as far as cleaning up old/unused processes to help with freeing up licenses.

I realize there are a couple Ideas posted about being able to filter by Unused objects and performing bulk operations in the Build tab. I am more interested in monitoring processes that are deployed, and thus consuming a license, but have not been run in X days.

We currently have a Non-Prod and a Prod atom so I have been thinking of 2 different approaches.

In Non-Prod once I have a deployed process reach a certain number of days without being executed I want to automatically un-attach that process from that environment and send an email to the person who last deployed.

In Prod I just want to notify someone.

I have tried using the AtomSphere API calls but it doesn't quite get me what I want because the "Query Execution Record" call returns all executions for a given process and I really just want the latest. I think I can write a Groovy script to return the latest execution per process, but I am worried about performance because I have a couple processes that are currently running every minute of every day so that is a lot of records returned.

This is where I am currently at:

Basically I get all deployments above a certain age and then get all of the executions for those deployments. 

I have also discovered that on my atom at C:\Boomi AtomSphere\Atom - Non-Prod Atom\execution there are .PROPERTIES files that store the LastRunDate for some processes and then there is a history of all executions.

I have been thinking about how to use this, but it seems like not all processes will create that .PROPERTIES file with the LastRunDate and the history is all stored based on Execution ID instead of Process ID so it makes it a bit harder to lookup.

So, like I said in at the top, I would like to hear what other people are doing for this, and maybe I can get some ideas/improvements from some of the Boomi gurus!

Thanks

Outcomes